Family Support Program
If you or an immediate family member has a disability, you may be eligible to receive family support services.
Family Support Services is a program designed and funded by the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) to assist families who are caring for their relative who has a severe disability. Severe disability is defined as:
• Attributable to a mental or physical impairment
• Likely to continue indefinitely
• Result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities:
- Self-care Receptive/expressive language
- Learning Mobility
- Capacity for independent living
- Economic self-sufficiency
An essential element of the Family Support Services program is family and consumer involvement. Local councils have been established and meet on a regular basis to oversee and provide advice on the distribution of local services.
Family Support Services may include such things as:
• Respite care
• Personal or attendant services
• Specialized equipment maintenance and repair
• Homemaker services
• Specialized equipment & supplies
• Specialized nutrition & clothing
• Child care
• Health related cost not otherwise covered
• Family counseling training & Support groups
• Transportation services
• Licensed nursing & nurses aid services
HOW TO RECEIVE SERVICES: Eligible Residents of Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Cocke, Knox, Loudon, Morgan, Roane, Jefferson, Sevier and Scott Counties please click the links below for additional information:
For additional help in receiving services please contact:
Family Support Director, Regina Wilson 865-813-0578
Family Support Specialist, Brandi Neikirk 865-813-0579
Family Support Specialist/Interpreter, Daniel Vargas 865-813-0577
If funding has already been allocated for the current fiscal year, please request that your name be added to the waiting list for that county.
Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
2020-2021 Family Support Intake Form
Fill out this intake completely and submit. Your intake will only be reviewed if ALL sections are completed.