Counties served with this program include: Anderson, Campbell, Knox, Morgan, Roane and Scott
Community Integration Support Services
Funded through Employment and Community First (ECF) Waiver, this service promotes maximum participation in integrated community life while facilitating meaningful relationships, friendships and social networks with people who do not have disabilities while sharing similar interests. Support staff will:
- Develop age-appropriate social roles valued by the community
- Assist the person in learning skills necessary for full inclusion in the community, including the use of public transportation
- Provide assistance for participation in a broad range of community settings
- Increase the person’s opportunity to build connections within his/her local community
- Identify fading strategies to allow the person more independence when participating in community activities
Community Based Services
Funded through the Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) Waiver, this service is centered on community safety, independent life skills, and the pursuit of a better quality of life through interpersonal development.
Community Based services lead to improved independence and may lead to qualified employment. People have the opportunity to choose from a variety of options in this service. These programs traditionally take place Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and transportation is provided by Emory Valley Center. A Community Based calendar is developed and shared with all people supported and their family members, as appropriate, so they may plan what they would like to participate in each day.